[R-sig-Debian] HTML help files missing for some packages

Johannes Ranke joh@nne@@r@nke @end|ng |rom jrwb@de
Fri May 29 08:15:13 CEST 2020

Hi Paul

$ sudo apt-file search /usr/lib/R/library/base/html/00Index.html

tells me that this file is in r-base-html.

do you have that package installed? r-base recommends r-base-html, but it does
not depend on it.

Installing recommended packages is the default on Debian systems, in contrast
to suggested packages. You can check what you have using

$ apt-config dump | grep Recommends
APT::Install-Recommends "1";

Kind regards,

Johannes