[R-sig-Debian] sjPlot

Wed Dec 2 23:16:25 CET 2020

Hi Kevin,

(And also Hi Michael, please see below...)

On 2 December 2020 at 21:45, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
| I am trying to install sjPlot.  I am running Ubuntu 20.04 and R 4.0.3, and
| I have the following two R repos active:
| https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu focal-cran40/
| http://ppa.launchpad.net/c2d4u.team/c2d4u4.0+/ubuntu focal
|
| When I try to install r-cran-sjplot, I get the following error:
| Depends: r-api-3.5

:-/

The package is in Ubuntu. Ubuntu uses the standard packages, 20.04 is still
at R 3.6.* so the package _for use within the Ubuntu distro_ is built against
that R version and hence has 'r-api-3.5' as a (virtual) depends to signal use
with R 3.6.* (R 3.5.* and R 3.6.* were binary compatible so the label was not
increased.)

You seem to have one of the rare packages _not_ shadowed by Michael in
excellent c4d4u4.0+ repo.

So you have to install from source. In which case I would try to mix and
match and get as much as you can from c2d4u4.0+, and install the rest
old-school by hand from CRAN.

Dirk

Michael:  Shall we try to mark this as a virtual TODO and maybe use RcppAPT
or another interface into the package pool to find packages that are in fact
in Debian/Ubuntu but not in your otherwise excellent and complete repo?

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org