[R-sig-Debian] problem with `viridis` on Ubuntu 20.04

Samuele Carcagno @@m@c@rc@gno @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 30 03:26:45 CEST 2020

Il 30/04/20 03:14, Dirk Eddelbuettel ha scritto:

> On 30 April 2020 at 03:05, Samuele Carcagno wrote:
> | Il 30/04/20 01:39, Dirk Eddelbuettel ha scritto:
> | > Keep. It. Simple. And. Concise.
> | >
> | > And reproducible.
> |
> | I've attached a script that triggers the bug on my system. It's just two
> | lines, one to load `viridisLite`, and one to call the `viridis`
> | function. I've also attached the output of `sessionInfo`.
> |
> | To sum up all the additional info in my previous e-mail: the bug occurs
> | on Ubuntu 20.04 with R 4.0.0, but does not occur on Debian, Windows, or
> | Mac using the same version of R (R 4.0.0), and the same version of
> | viridisLite.
>
> Can you decompose it to see if the data generation is the problem (likely R)
> or the drawing (maybe a change in graphics ?)

I'm not familiar with the internals of `viridisLite`, so I'm not sure
I'd be able to help there. I could open a bug report on the
`viridisLite` repo and see if the author has suggestions on how to
narrow down the issue.

> What does capabilities() say? Anything missing?  On 19.10 I have

below is the output of `capabilities()` from my system:

 > capabilities()
        jpeg         png        tiff       tcltk         X11        aqua
        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE       FALSE
    http/ftp     sockets      libxml        fifo      cledit       iconv
        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE        TRUE
         NLS     profmem       cairo         ICU long.double     libcurl