[R-sig-Debian] Installing R in Ubuntu

Christofer Bogaso bog@@o@chr|@to|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 17 13:31:09 CEST 2019

Thanks for this.

I have downloaded the r-base-core_3.6.1-3disco_amd64.deb file and
placed in /var/cache/apt/archives

Next I ran below code in Ubuntu

sudo apt-get install -f /var/cache/apt/archives/r-base-core.deb

But this is failing with below message -
E: Unsupported file /var/cache/apt/archives/r-base-core.deb given on commandline

Could you please help resolve this?