[R-sig-Debian] "Failed-to-restart-avahi-dnsconfd-service" error when I try to install R binary.

Sun Jan 27 14:56:03 CET 2019

| Being a docile and biddable young ( :-) ) fellow, I have tried to do so,
| following the instructions made available at:
|
|     https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html
|
| I have made sure that the line
|
|      deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/
|
| is present in my /etc/apt/sources.list file and I  then do:
|
|      sudo apt-get update
|
| (which seems to go OK) and then:
|
|      sudo apt-get install r-base

If you want is to _upgrade_ already installed packages use

       sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

instead. There is no apt sub-command to upgrade just one.

The point with packages is that they may have further dependencies; the
strength of this tool is to resolve that graph for you. And I have been
running it (on average) at least once a day (given several machines) for
many, many. You can trust it.