[R-sig-Debian] So nearly there, but can't install rJava

Tue Jan 22 13:21:39 CET 2019

On 22 January 2019 at 10:14, Chris Evans wrote:
| root using DebianAdvent:/home/chris/Downloads/gmp-6.1.2# apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk-headless
| Reading package lists... Done
| Building dependency tree
| Reading state information... Done
| openjdk-8-jdk-headless is already the newest version (8u181-b13-2~deb9u1).
| openjdk-8-jdk-headless set to manually installed.
| 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
|
| Anyone else got any ideas?

Install the full-blown jdk no just headless.

In the sources for rJava I have as a build-depends

   openjdk-10-jdk

which may of course be a virtual. At some point we had more than JDK
implementation.  See what you can find there.