[R-sig-Debian] Failed to install RQuantLib in Ubuntu machine

Michael Rutter m@rutter @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jan 7 03:06:06 CET 2019

On 1/6/19 12:36 PM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <This issue was previously posted in R-help, but advised to post here as a
> more relevant group>
>
> I was trying to install RQuantLib in my Ubuntu machine which failed with
> below information :

Cutting lots of information...

Christofer,

As the builder of CRAN binaries for a number of releases of Ubuntu,
Xenial and RQuantLib never played well together.  Even using the current
versions of RQquantLib and Quantlib, Xenial produces a seg
fault/coredump on Launchpad.  I could never get it work, so I don't have
any suggestions on how to get it to work on Xenial.

I can tell you that there is a binary available for Bionic and R 3.5.
You can find it on the c2d4u PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u3.5

Wish I could help more,