[R-sig-Debian] change default path for installing r-cran packages by sudo apt r-cran...?

Winfried Moser winfried@mo@er @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Jan 6 23:03:53 CET 2019

dear dirk,

i am following up on our thread on r-help-mailinglist. you advised me to
bring it over here.

when installing packages from within R, they usually go to a directory
defined in R_LIBS_USER, which i have it set in .Renviron.

when installing packages via sudo apt install r-cran-.., they go to
/usr/lib/R/site-library.

is there a possibility to have packages installed to the R_LIBS-USER
directory by using the second possibility?

dirk, you pointed me to the comments in Renviron.site:
i tried to set R_LIBS_USER in Renviron.site
i tried to set R_LIBS in Renviron.site
i tried to set R_LIBS in .Renviron.site

but sudo apt install r-cran... still installs to /usr/lib/R/site-library

can this be changed or is it fixed?

best,
winfried