[R-sig-Debian] bug in r-cran-curl from c2d4u

Michael Rutter m@rutter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Feb 26 15:52:00 CET 2019

On 2/26/19 9:35 AM, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> On Bionic with c2d4u I see:
>
> The following packages have been kept back:
>    r-cran-curl
>
> The problem is that r-cran-curl from 2d4du has a runtime dependency on
> libcurl4-openssl-dev. This dev package cannot be installed in
> conjunction with libcurl4-gnutls-dev (which again is required by some
> other packages).
>
> This is a bug because libcurl4-openssl-dev should be a build-depends
> only, the runtime depends is 'libcurl4'. The debian r-cran-curl
> package has got this correct, perhaps we can just upload the debian
> package to 2cd4u? https://packages.debian.org/buster/r-cran-curl
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeroen

Jeroen,

Thanks for the heads up.  I fixed the issue in the build database and
new packages are being built as I type this.  Let me know if the new
packages still cause the problem.