[R-sig-Debian] Fwd: Running R from terminal in ubuntu 16.04 gives Fatal Error message

Fri Feb 15 22:32:33 CET 2019

On 15 February 2019 at 16:17, Behnoosh Zamanlooy wrote:
| I just installed R 3.4.4 and Rstudio on my computer with the OS Ubuntu
| 16.04. Rstudio detects the Installation of R and works normally.

That would mean R works. RStudio "just" calls the R on your system.

| However, trying to run R in the terminal I get this error:
|
| *Fatal error: unable to open the base package*

This is in conflict with the statement above.

| I have trying setting the R_HOME using:
|
| *export R_HOME=/usr/lib/R*
|
| However it did not work. Any idea how to resolve this?

We need to know more about your installation ...

| Ps. I have used r-bloggers
| <https://www.r-bloggers.com/how-to-install-r-ubuntu-16-04-xenial/>, the
| "Add R Repository" version to install R.

... and I am not familiar with that article. We generally recommend to follow
the README at CRAN and its mirrors:
   https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html

| Any help would be much appreciated.

Start with showing us the output from the of

   apt-cache policy r-base-core