[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu cosmic support

Mon Dec 2 18:39:05 CET 2019

On 2 December 2019 at 12:22, Mark Walker wrote:
| We noticed that "cosmic-cran35" recently went missing from
| http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/linux/ubuntu/ (apparently in mirrors as well).
| Was cosmic support removed? It still seems to be in the readme file.

Isn't that just the "standard phaseout" of non-LTS distribution?  While 18.10
(aka "cosmic") is gone, we still have the two most recent normal releases as
you have 19.04 ("disco) and 19.10 ("eoan").

And then there are of course several LTS releases including "bionic" (18.04),
"xenial" (16.04) and "trusty" (14.04)

I tend to updated every six months (and usually a few weeks after a new one
comes out) so the 'two most recent' ones works for me.  You should probably
upgrade to 19.04-- or maybe just downgrade (even for the CRAN repo) to 18.04.