[R-sig-Debian] This list elicits spam

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Sun May 20 15:03:27 CEST 2018

On 20 May 2018 at 10:07, Robin Lovelace wrote:
| Unrelated to previous email: every time I send an email to this list I get
| a response such as:

Yes. Very annoying, very "known" and broadly discussed by Martin Maechler
(the overall mailing list contact / quasi-admin) for all of us as these are
hosted at ETH Zuerich.

No real solution besides cloaking. We think spammers actually subscribe but
do not have full proof. Maybe it is just web archive harvesting.

On 20 May 2018 at 12:14, Johannes Ranke wrote:
| I get the same annoyance, of course with varying text when I post to this
| list. Copying in r-sig-debian-owner at r-project.org for information.

The spam bots write there too, so my aggregate 'owner' folder for different
lists I run has a few thousand unread mail. Don't expect a response from me
as -owner, I just can't. Hence address removed.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org