[R-sig-Debian] Problem with Ubuntu bionic R 3.5

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Sat Jun 16 15:22:16 CEST 2018

Ulrich,

On 16 June 2018 at 15:04, Ulrich Leuchtmann wrote:
| Hi Dirk.
|
| I saw you installed a new release. Unfortunately the problem mentioned
| below does persist.

The Ubuntu side of things is mostly Michael's work.

| I know this is perhaps a minor issue, as users report they can install
| manually (see below). But under strict installation policies this can
| create an issue. Synaptic is refusing to install. The German error
| message is
|
| "Die Änderungen konnten nicht angewendet werden! Bitte zuerst die
| Probleme mit defekten Paketen beheben."
|
| In English this should read something like "The change could not be
| applied. Solve problems with broken packages first."

I can still read my native tongue :)

I think Michael works mostly with virtual machines where the installation is
not as minimal. We can (and should have) tested this some more with for
example a Docker container.  Sorry about the inconvenience but I think we can
get this sorted out in a few days.

Dirk

| Regards
|
| Uli
|

| Am 13.06.2018 um 14:32 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
| > On 13 June 2018 at 14:17, Luke Tudge wrote:
| > | I have this too on Ubuntu Bionic. The English error message is:
| > |
| > | W: Conflicting distribution: https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/linux/ubuntu
| > | bionic-cran35/ InRelease (expected bionic-cran35/ but got bionic)
| > |