[R-sig-Debian] r-base-dev not installing in Ubuntu 16.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Wed Jun 13 14:34:08 CEST 2018

On 13 June 2018 at 09:22, Syed Murtuza baker wrote:
| Hello All,
| When I try to install r-base-dev on my Ubuntu 16.04 it gives me the following error
|
| r-base-dev : Depends: dh-r but it is not installable
| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
|
| I added the following two repos
|
| deb https://mirrors.ebi.ac.uk/CRAN/bin/linux/ubuntu xenial-cran35
| deb http://uk-mirrors.evowise.com/ubuntu/ bionic-backports main restricted universe
|
| but still giving error. Could you please suggest me how to fix it.

Michael is currently traveling but I am sure he'll take a look. I poked my
head into a 16.04 Docker container and also saw the issue. You may have to
find a dh-r package in the c2d4u or other related repository. Sorry.

I am sure this can get squared off in a day or two once Michael is back.