[R-sig-Debian] Segfault on ubuntu 18.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Fri Jul 6 18:07:06 CEST 2018

On 6 July 2018 at 17:18, Göran Broström wrote:
| I suspect that too, since the segfault does _not_ occur if run  R  via
| RStudio. _But_, I have run 'update.packages(checkBuilt = TRUE)', and
| that should take care of reinstalling, right?

That will catch all packages from _source code_ repositories.

| Maybe it somehow is an issue with devtools::install_github.

Well of course.  `install_github` is "cowboy mode" which I argued against til
I was blue in the face, but what can you do. Little, apart from using a drat
repo instead.

So there is your self-inflicted wound, and Henrik also showed you the trail
back to curl.