[R-sig-Debian] Segfault on ubuntu 18.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Fri Jul 6 16:28:32 CEST 2018

On 6 July 2018 at 12:31, Enrico Schumann wrote:
| Just as one more datapoint: I cannot reproduce the segfault, with
| R 3.5.1 on (L)Ubuntu 18.04. (I use the Ubuntu package, i.e. I did not
| build from source.)

I have been a little too busy and have not yet upgraded to 18.04 so I can't
attempt to replicate -- but it _looks_ just like a garden variety binary
mismatch.

We _know_ R 3.5.* requires _all_ binary packages to be reinstalled and it is
easy to miss one.  So unless Göran shows us a generally reproducible bug I
will suspect that this is simply a local deployment issue.