[R-sig-Debian] R 3.5.0 Binaries for Ubuntu now available

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:30:13 CEST 2018

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Michael Rutter <marutter at gmail.com> wrote:
> These have not been mirrored to CRAN as I want to have the other r-cran
> packages built against R 3.5 before adding to CRAN.  Worried about breaking
> working systems currently on R 3.4.4.

Thanks, Michael. I did some simple tests, upgrading existing r-base
installations to R 3.5. on Xenial and Bionic, and initially apt did
the correct thing of removing the incompatible r-cran-xyz packages.

However then I tried installing the (knowingly incompatible)
r-cran-rcpp from c2d4u and apt didn't stop me. Do the r-cran-xyz
packages from c2d4u not have the same r-api-nn dependency
restrictions?