[R-sig-Debian] Problem when installing lme4 under Debian stretch

John Woodard john.l.woodard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 21:04:29 CEST 2017

Thanks very much, Dirk! I gave that a try and got the following:
pi at raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install r-cran-car
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 r-cran-car : Depends: r-api-3
              Depends: r-cran-pbkrtest but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: r-cran-quantreg but it is not going to be installed

Given the message, should I assume that lme4 (and car) cannot be installed
on my setup?  Many thanks in advance!