[R-sig-Debian] Configuration problem installing backport to jessie

Jim Ottaway jeho at jeho.org
Thu Mar 2 15:36:31 CET 2017

I came across this problem moving from the standard jessie package to
the backport:

    $ sudo dpkg --configure r-base-core
    Setting up r-base-core (3.3.2-1~jessiecran.0) ...
    Preserving user changes to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/R (renamed from /etc/bash_completion.d/R)...
    mv: cannot stat ‘/usr/share/bash-completion/completions/R’: No such file or directory
    dpkg: error processing package r-base-core (--configure):
     r-base-core

I managed to fix this by manually copying the R completion script
/etc/bash_completion.d/R to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/

I thought I'd best post something about this in case either I haven't
actually fixed it or it means something in the backporting is slightly
wrong with respect to bash completion.