[R-sig-Debian] Updating R 3.4.0 for ubuntu

Edward Abraham edward at dragonfly.co.nz
Thu Jun 15 06:42:23 CEST 2017

Hi there,

When R upgraded to 3.4.0, a bug was introduced into the Sweave command (it
returned an exit code of 1, even on success),  which has broken our
reporting make files. This has been fixed in the source (thanks to Martin
Mächler). I am using R on ubuntu (xenial) and was wondering if the 3.4.0
binary could be updated with the patched version, so that the patch flows
through. This will prevent the bug from affecting other users.

Alternatively, I have noticed the instructions at the bottom of this page.
If there are no plans to update the released binaries, then I can work my
way through the instructions for installing from the patched branch.
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

Sorry to bother you with this, and thanks very much for all your work on
keeping R  packaged,

Cheers,

Edward Abraham.