[R-sig-Debian] Problems installing tibble (ggplot2) in R running Ubuntu 14.04

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 12:28:21 CET 2017

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Terje Jørgensen <terjej at imr.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to install tibble, a required package for ggplot2 in R. I am
> running R (version 3.3.2 ) in RStudio (version 1.0.44). My OS is ubuntu
> 14.04 (64 bits).

I was able to reproduce this problem. What happened is that you
installed "r-cran-rcpp" from the ubuntu repositories, which is a few
years old, and not compatible with the cran version of 'tibble'. You
should either reinstall Rcpp from CRAN, or, install the development
version of 'tibble' which resolves the issue.