[R-sig-Debian] undefined symbol: sgemv_thread_n

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 1 21:35:28 CET 2017

On 1 December 2017 at 21:12, Göran Broström wrote:
| Yes, first I installed R-3.4.3 from source and it started OK, but when I
| tried
|
|  > library(eha)
|
| I got the error above.

At that point I suggest to reinstall eha, and/or do 'ldd' on its shared
library to find out what it thinks it is pointing to.  The 'threaded gemv'
must be coming from somewhere.

| So I installed by apt, and then I got the above.

You may now have several R's on your system so you need to check your path.
Remember /usr/local generally wins so even if you have a self-compiled R and
a packaged on 'R' will probably get you /usr/local/bin/R.

| This is what I always have done, installing both from source and the
| ubuntu versions via 'apt upgrade', and it has always worked without
| problems. What has changed now? And how can I get out of this?

We cannot tell. This is somewhat incomplete information. It appears to be
related to your computer.

You may be tired of me saying 'Docker' but it gives you a clean room, akin to
installing on a fresh empty machine.  Useful for debugging.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org