[R-sig-Debian] R-3.4.0 and recommended packages

Johannes Ranke johannes.ranke at jrwb.de
Tue Apr 25 16:11:18 CEST 2017

Am Dienstag, 25. April 2017, 08:50:34 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> On 25 April 2017 at 14:58, Göran Broström wrote:
> | hello,
> |
> | I just installed R-3.4.0 from scratch:
> |
> | $ sudo apt install r-base
> |
> | but when I try
> |
> |  > library(survival, lib.loc = "/usr/lib/R/library")
> |  > fit <- coxph(Surv(exit, event) ~ x, data = mort)
> |
> | I get
> |
> | Error in fitter(X, Y, strats, offset, init, control, weights = weights,  :
> |    object 'Ccoxmart' not found

This looks similar to what I got this morning when I tested my (unreleased)
backport of R 3.4.0 to Debian jessie. My test was

library(MASS)
example(rlm)

and there was an object that was not found. I am on a train on the way to a
meeting right now, so I can not look into it at the moment. Maybe a side effect
of the new registration requirements for compiled objects?

Cheers,

Johannes