[R-sig-Debian] libgsl.so.0

Kirill Müller kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 1 09:52:04 CET 2016

The error message mentions (perhaps not very clearly) that the shared
library installed with the gsl R package could not be loaded. Chances
are that the gsl package (and as a consequence the copula package, too)
didn't work before you upgraded. This can happen e.g. if the dependent
system library (libgsl-dev?) is upgraded.

update.packages() doesn't try to load any packages, which would be
necessary to detect this scenario.

-Kirill