[R-sig-Debian] Problem with Install R on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Atakan Okan atakanokan at outlook.com
Thu May 12 18:40:03 CEST 2016

Don't know why but I was able to install R & Rstudio without any problems in Ubuntu 14.04 with the same dual-boot setup.

Atakan

Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 10:34:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [R-sig-Debian] Problem with Install R on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus
From: erol.biceroglu at alumni.utoronto.ca
To: edd at debian.org
CC: atakanokan at outlook.com; r-sig-debian at r-project.org

Thanks for clarifying Dirk.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

On 12 May 2016 at 09:17, Erol Biceroglu wrote:

| Side question... would this have anything to do with 16.04 being new and

| (potentially) "less stable" than 14.04?  Or put another way, would this issue

| come up under 14.04?

No.

User error (with apt-config files) is orthogonal to release quality.

And FWIW some people seem to be quite positive on 16.04:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/05/ubuntu-16-04-proves-even-an-lts-release-can-live-at-linuxs-bleeding-edge/

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org