[R-sig-Debian] Outdated r-base-core when installing on Ubuntu 14.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Mar 21 19:31:44 CET 2016

On 21 March 2016 at 13:18, Matthew Simpson wrote:
| It may be significant that my chromebook has an ARM processor. I don't know
| about the details of how this works, but perhaps some pieces of the R install
| haven't been ported to the appropriate architecture?

Bahh. I am clearly not awake.  Should have realized that.

That is why you had r-doc-html, r-recommended, ... etc which are binary=all.
On CRAN you will /only/ find i386 and amd64.  On the Ubuntu PPAs you /may/
find arm builds as Ubuntu supports them for their tablet plans etc pp.

As such, the Dockerfile I sent you is more relevant than the CRAN README.

Good luck, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org