[R-sig-Debian] Problems installing tibble (ggplot2) in R running Ubuntu 14.04

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 19 16:48:43 CET 2016

Terje,

On 19 December 2016 at 08:43, Michael Rutter wrote:
| The simplest thing to do would be to enable the cran2deb4ubuntu PPA
| (https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u) and then you can
| just "sudo apt-get install r-cran-tibble" and be good to go.

Seconded.  These binaries are _seriously_ underappreciated.

| Since tibble was built on the PPA, the most likely culprit for your
| issue is that the packages used to build tibble are not up to date. Do
| you have the latest version of Rcpp?

It is likely something else.

I just started with a 'plain' Docker container for Ubuntu 14.04, and ran the
few commands to add CRAN (to get r-base-core and r-base-dev).

I then started R, and asked it to 'install.packages("tibble")'.  Which worked
flawlessly as you would expect.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org