[R-sig-Debian] Why is rstudio not in Ubuntu repo or PPA?

Xu Wang xuwang762 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 22:20:57 CEST 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroenooms at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:49 AM, Xu Wang <xuwang762 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> rstudio is very easy to install, but it would be great if it were just
>> an apt-get away. Is there a reason it is not in Ubuntu main repos or
>> in rrutter PPA?
>
> Not sure what you need it for, but I did create a ppa with a repack
> which I use to formally depend on rstudio-server. Very hacky but it
> works: https://launchpad.net/~opencpu/+archive/ubuntu/rstudio

Good to know. Thank you Jeroen!

I just need it for being lazy to download the .deb and install myself.
Also I have an install script for Ubuntu where I just install all of
my favorite applications with a very simple apt-get. That is one thing
I love about the repos. I can get back up and to work very quickly if
my laptop breaks or is stolen.

Kind regards,

Xu