[R-sig-Debian] Why is rstudio not in Ubuntu repo or PPA?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 24 04:11:16 CEST 2015

On 23 September 2015 at 21:49, Xu Wang wrote:
| Hi,
|
| rstudio is very easy to install, but it would be great if it were just
| an apt-get away. Is there a reason it is not in Ubuntu main repos or
| in rrutter PPA?

That is a question you have to ask RStudio, not us.

There is somebody trying to package it for Debian, but I am not sure how far
that effort has gotten.

Dirk

(For what it is worth, we now put the server and desktop .deb packages into a
local "inside-the-firewall-only" repo at work, so with that we are not
redistributing it.)