[R-sig-Debian] Unable to install R 3.2 on debian jessie

Francois-Xavier Jollois francois-xavier.jollois at parisdescartes.fr
Mon Sep 21 10:07:03 CEST 2015

Hello

You're right, Georges ! Thanks a lot !!

So, I put "deb ..." and "deb-src ..." and it works really fine !!
Everything is ok !

Thanks again for your answer, and sorry for this (really avoidable) error.

FX

> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, 18. September 2015, 15:25:10 schrieb George N. White III:
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 8:35 AM Francois-Xavier Jollois <
>>
>> francois-xavier.jollois at parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>> > Hi everybody
>> >
>> > I try to update R 3.1.1 to R 3.2.2 on a Debian Jessie (8.2) server. I
>> > try to do the following steps :
>> >
>> > - Adding "deb-src http://cran.irsn.fr/bin/linux/debian jessie-cran3/"
>> > to /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>> The instructions (today) say to add:
>>
>>  "deb http://cran.irsn.fr/bin/linux/debian jessie-cran3/"
>>
>> Not "deb-src ..." --  Could have been a typo that was since corrected.
>
> Not really a typo, just taken from another part of the instructions - you need
> this form of the source line in case you want to compile from the source
> packages corresponding to the backports, i.e. if you want to compile on an
> architecture other than i386, amd64 or armel.
>
> Johannes

Francois-Xavier Jollois, Université Paris Descartes
 Téléphone : (+33)(0)1 76 53 48 27
 Courriel : francois-xavier.jollois at parisdescartes.fr
 Page personnelle : http://www.mi.parisdescartes.fr/~jollois