[R-sig-Debian] r-cran-rjags installation problems?

Carl Boettiger cboettig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:22:46 CET 2015

Hi list,

>From a vanilla debian:testing machine (e.g. docker run -ti debian:testing
bash) I install `r-cran-rjags`, which appears to install fine.  However,
attempting to actually load the library in R produces the following error:

    library(rjags) Loading required package: coda Error : .onLoad failed in
loadNamespace() for 'rjags', details: call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath =
DLLpath, ...) error: unable to load shared object
'/usr/lib/R/site-library/rjags/libs/rjags.so': libjags.so.3: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory Error: package or namespace
load failed for 'rjags'

A little digging shows that /usr/lib has libjags.so.4, not libjags.so.3
that rjags is looking for above.  Perhaps the rjags binary is just a bit
out of date on debian:testing right now?

Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Thanks for your help and apologies for my ignorance in this area,

Carl
--

http://carlboettiger.info