[R-sig-Debian] R-packages for Ubuntu 15.10 wily

Michael Rutter marutter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:23:24 CET 2015

On 11/02/2015 07:48 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 2 November 2015 at 13:10, Seb R wrote:
> | Dear Dirk,
> | I just upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10. It seems that the r-packages are not
> | upgrading although deb files exist on the cran repository.
> | For instance, r-cran-rjags is back to 3-15-1
> | On the repository, I saw that the 'Sources' and 'Packages' files in wily
> | folder show vivid version of packages although dated to yesterday :
> | https://cran.univ-paris1.fr/bin/linux/ubuntu/wily/Sources
> | https://cran.univ-paris1.fr/bin/linux/ubuntu/wily/Packages
> |
> | Is there something missing in packages build ?
>
> I presume Michael is busy with his day job; he also hasn't built the ESS
> release I uploaded last week (with upstream bugfixes we may want).
>
> Give it a few days, and until then, just use the vivid entry.
>
> Dirk

This is now fixed on the RRutter PPA, and should soon be syncing to the
CRAN servers.  The version of rjags that was available was missing the
1: epoch number.  So while it was the correct version, apt would not
install it over 1:3-15-1, which has the higher epoch number.

If you can't install rjags after 24 hours, let me know.