[R-sig-Debian] Suggestions to improve the info page of /bin/linux/debian

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Mon Mar 2 10:09:26 CET 2015

Hi Mathieu,

thanks for your input. It reminds me how I got involved in the Debian
backports, as I thought the Debian README on CRAN needed an update...

At the moment I do not have the time to reorganize the README, so if you would
like to go ahead and implement your changes into a README.html, I wouldn't
mind. Otherwise I am willing to pick up your suggestions, but it will take me
some time to get around to do it.

>From my work on R package vignettes I know that pandoc is able to generate
single html documents with linked TOC from markdown, which is more flexible
than the text2html stuff I am using at the moment (as well as Michael does).
But maybe you or someone else on this list knows another convenient way? Or it
could be written in HTML using div tags and a hand-crafted css...

Kind regards,

Johannes

--
PD Dr. Johannes Ranke