[R-sig-Debian] Cannot install R on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Sat Jun 13 22:40:33 CEST 2015

Austin,

I would suggest removing the lines you added to /etc/apt/sources.list
and try the following:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:marutter/rrutter
# Follow the prompts to add the key
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install r-base

That should do the trick.  The PPA used above is the one that is used to
seed the CRAN sites, so the packages are identical.

Hope this helps,
Michael