[R-sig-Debian] Unable to install R 3.1.2 on Debian:Testing

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Mon Jan 19 02:37:05 CET 2015

Le 18/01/2015 15:55, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :

> On 18 January 2015 at 14:14, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> | Ok. I will set up a new toolchain for testing then. We need this for Rocker
> | all the time---eg I just put something marvelous into littler which I need in
> | Rocker, yet Debian is frozen with no timeline for release. And it is silly
> | for us to keep rebuilding all these things when building containers.
> |
> | The three of us should (will !!) work something out that will allow us proper
> | testing support via CRAN, which we can fold into your existing mirror
> | structure.  Plan?
>
> Or maybe we just stick with "testing" and set up "unstable" via apt pinning
> for surgical per-package updates. One of many HOWTOs:
>
>     http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html
>
> I've used this quite a bit in the past and it "Just Work (TM)".

Using testing as my regular Debian, this is how I do it: apt pinning on
stable/testing/unstable, with testing on 900, stable on 800, unstable on
90, and every priority package on > 900.

Then a selection of R packages from official Debian unstable repositories
are also set up with 900 (I may have missed a few since I didn't update the
list for a while):

Package: r-base r-base-core r-base-dev r-recommended r-cran-boot
r-cran-cluster r-cran-class r-cran-codetools r-cran-foreign
r-cran-kernsmooth r-cran-lattice r-cran-mass r-cran-matrix r-cran-mgcv
r-cran-nlme r-cran-nnet r-cran-rmatrix r-cran-rpart r-cran-spatial
r-cran-survival r-cran-tkrplot littler
Pin: release o=Debian,a=unstable,l=Debian
Pin-Priority: 900

Works like a charm... R 3.1.2 from SID.

Hope this helps! (I can provide a more detailed source.list/preferences if
necessary)
Mathieu.

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard