[R-sig-Debian] Default R Font Changed After Upgrade to Debian 8

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Dec 18 02:40:44 CET 2015

On 18 December 2015 at 00:00, Dario Strbenac wrote:
| The server administrator recently upgraded the operating system from Debian version 7 to version 8 and R from version 3.1.2 to version 3.2.2. The default font used in plots has changed and I've asked him to restore the previous font. What instructions should I tell him about restoring the font ?

I doubt that this is R-related. R's dependencies have not changed. It
displays via x11 using the resources offered by x11.

So it may have to do with your x11 server setup, maybe via the windowing
environment etc pp.  You may need to compare the list of font packages
between Debian 7 and 8.  You could also try to ask on debian-user.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org