[R-sig-Debian] Dependency problem with "python-rpy2" package

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Tue Apr 21 17:02:53 CEST 2015

> Without looking into it I believe the solution will be for me to
> prepare a backport of python-singledispatch. I can not do it right
> away, but hopefully later in the week ...

I had a go at it, but did not succeed to produce a working python-
singledispatch package. After installing python3-all and python3-setuptools
outside the pbuilder chroot (!) I could build a .deb, but this mysteriously
depends on a virtual package python-ordereddict which is not in Debian and I
do not know what package should provide that. As I do not understand how these
python dependencies work, I stopped there.

I did successfully install rpy2 in the presence of 3.2.0 from CRAN in a wheezy
chroot, using pip install. You need to install the development files for R,
python and readline as well, compare the rpy2 installation instructions.

If someone can give me a hand here, OK, otherwise I will have to remove
python-rpy2 from the wheezy-cran3 and squeeze-cran3 repositories (there it
does not work either I found). I did not notice as I do not currently use
rpy2.

Kind regards,

Johannes

> Meanwhile you could try to install the python-singledispatch version
> from unstable via apt pinning.
>
> Johannes
>
> Zitat von Vincent Lemoine <vlemoine at teclib.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem with package "python-rpy2" with Debian Wheezy repository.
> >
> > I use this repo :
> > deb http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian wheezy-cran3/
> >
> > This package depends on "python-singledispatch" but it doesn't exist
> > in official Debian repo...
> >
> > Could you help me to fix this issue ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,

PD Dr. Johannes Ranke