[R-sig-Debian] running unit tests on the stringr package

Mon Apr 20 00:57:19 CEST 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 19 April 2015 at 17:58, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> | I am trying to learn how  to run the unit tests in the stringr package
> | and have the following questions.
>
> Wrong list. Please ask the maintainer of the package, or r-help.
>
> This has next to nothing to do with using R on Debian/Ubuntu. Please do not
> abuse the genorisity of the readers of this list.
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

My intention was not to abuse anyone's time. I am not sure why you
thought otherwise.

I think my first point of adding r-cran-testthat to depends/suggests
field is relevant to packaging, no?

Regarding the second point, I asked the question here because I
installed the package from debian repositories and not directly from
the upstream. In particular, I was not sure if the problem is debian
specific or upstream specific. So, I thought I would start here.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog