[R-sig-Debian] r-cran-rgdal: dependency on libgdal1 unsatisfied in ubuntu 12.04?

Matthieu Stigler matthieu.stigler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:58:11 CEST 2014

Hi!

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this post, and helped! I agree
Ubuntu 12.04 is old and I should update, and fully understand that
r-cran-rgdal is difficult to maintain for that version indeed!

So the solution I took finally was to compile gdal from source, and, after
running sudo ldconfig, was able to compile rgdal (from sources as well).

Thanks again for all the contributions!

Matthieu