[R-sig-Debian] gcc: error: SHLIB_LIBADD: No such file or directory

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Sat Jan 11 21:31:42 CET 2014

Hi,

well, if you mean the CRAN repositories by "the deb/Ubuntu way", this is
failure is because there are no arm binaries on CRAN for Ubuntu.

Your problem may still be related to locale settings:

> >> I also
> >> installed all the tools I have on my Desktop Ubuntu without
> >> problems on the Nexus 5 Ubuntu. I then wanted to install R-3.0.2 (from
> >> source). 'make' runs fine up to installing MASS:
> >>
> >> make[2]: Entering directory
> >> `/usr/local/R/R-3.0.2-build/src/library/Recommended' begin installing
> >> recommended package MASS
> >> During startup - Warning messages:
> >> 1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"

Did you check if your locale is really available on your system and has been
generated by locale-gen?

Kind regards,

Johannes