[R-sig-Debian] How to get fortunes in R

Sun Dec 21 12:37:57 CET 2014

I was going through
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/papers/r_package_development_nov2014.pdf
and found this on pg-3

> fortunes::fortune(92)
##
## If you don't go with R now, you will someday.
## -- David Kane (on whether to use R or S-PLUS)
## R-SIG-Finance (November 2004)

However, when I tried it on my machine, I get

rajulocal at hogwarts:~/work/r_programming$ R -q
> fortunes::fortune(92)
Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘fortunes’

What package(s) do I need to install to get fortune in R? I tried
doing a "apt-cache search fortune R" but none of the hits look
promising. I am using Debian Jessie.

rajulocal at hogwarts:~/work/r_programming$ dpkg -l \*fortune\* r-base | grep ^ii
ii  fortune-mod       1:1.99.1-7   amd64        provides fortune
cookies on demand
ii  fortunes-min      1:1.99.1-7   all          Data files containing
selected fortune cookies
ii  r-base            3.1.1-1      all          GNU R statistical
computation and graphics system

thanks
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi