[R-sig-Debian] How to use stable release in Ubuntu

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Mon Apr 7 17:26:00 CEST 2014

On 04/07/2014 11:15 AM, Francesco Brundu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am writing to you since I think I am experiencing a regression on the
> latest beta release, R version 3.1.0 beta (2014-03-28 r65330) -- "Spring
> Dance" .. Since I need to check for it before posting, I was searching for
> a method to revert to version 3.0.2 in Ubuntu, but I was unable to find it.
> Could you please give me some hints?
>
> Thanks
> ~ Francesco Brundu

Francesco,

Here are some details on installing previous versions of R in Ubuntu.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17935292/install-previous-versions-of-r-on-ubuntu

You can also use synaptic or apt if you have the CRAN Ubuntu
repositories enabled (as detailed above).

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynapticHowto#How_to_force_the_installation_of_a_package_version

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto

If you are having an issue with 3.1.0, please let me know.  It will
officially be released on Thursday, at which point I will be pushing out
that update.  If there are issues, they need to be addressed.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
Associate Professor of Statistics
Program Coordinator, Mathematics
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College