[R-sig-Debian] R 3.1.0 Beta installed but I'm not sure how

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:03:00 CEST 2014

On 04/01/2014 08:22 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 2 April 2014 at 00:44, Rune Juhl wrote:
> | Hi Rob
> |
> | I ran into the same issue earlier this morning on Ubuntu saucy. It appears
> | to be a mix up packing the 3.1 beta as 3.0.3.
> |
> | You can downgrade your R installation running something like the following
> | in a terminal
> |
> | sudo apt-get install r-base=3.0.3-1precise0 r-base-core=3.0.3-1precise0
>
> Yes -- propagation of my Debian packages into Ubuntu is all Michael's good
> work.  When doing an update at work I saw that the 3.1.0 beta would hit, and
> I did not yet want that at work so I simply commented out that repository
> definition in /etc/apt/sources.d/.  These packages may be spilling over from
> a test repo into the main CRAN mirror a little too soon...
>
> OTOH they seem to work.  My CRANberries cronjob runs faithfully with the
> 3.1.0 beta and I use it on my laptop too.
>
> Dirk

This one would be on me, from the Ubuntu side of things.  Dirk pushed
the beta version (3.0.3) of 3.1.0 out and I didn't read the email
carefully enough.  Thinking that it was a regular upgrade, I pushed it
out to all currently supported versions of Ubuntu.

Beyond the strange numbering of the package, it appears to be working
just fine.  If there are any issues, let Dirk and I know and we can
clear them up before the release of R 3.1.0.

My goal is to only push out final release versions, although every once
in a while a per-release will slip through.  Sorry if that caused any
confusion.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
Associate Professor of Statistics
Program Coordinator, Mathematics