[R-sig-Debian] Problem installing "sp" package

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Thu Sep 5 13:47:26 CEST 2013

On 09/05/2013 05:45 AM, Terje Jørgensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error message (see below) when trying to install the sp package
> in R version 2.15.2 running under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> I have run sudo apt-get build-dep r-base, but to no help.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Terje

Terje,

I am able to build sp for the c2d4u PPA on launchpad.  If you want to
upgrade to R 3.0, you can just use the PPA located here:
https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/c2d4u

If you still need R 2.15, the build-depends for the package on c2d4u are:

r-base-dev, r-cran-lattice, xvfb, xauth, xfonts-base, r-base-core,
debhelper (>> 4.1.0), cdbs

Hope this helps,

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
Associate Professor of Statistics