[R-sig-Debian] Can't install R 2.15 and r-recommended on Ubuntu

Kirill Müller kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 7 23:46:47 CET 2013

On 11/07/2013 11:35 PM, Johannes Ranke wrote:
> Talking about silly, I just read up a bit on what travis and CI are. If
> installing R 2.15 with recommended packages from the CRAN Ubuntu repos
> is so difficult, I do not see the point in using that as a platform for
> testing R packages, or am I missing something here?
>
> Johannes
https://github.com/craigcitro/r-travis is a recent effort to integrate R
with Travis. There are some obstacles to overcome, but it works quite
nicely already. It's free, it supports Ubuntu and OS X, and it
integrates with GitHub like a charm. May sound silly, but that's reason
enough for me.

Do you know a CI platform where testing R packages would work "out of
the box"? Or perhaps a better suggestion on installing R + recommended?

-Kirill