[R-sig-Debian] stock ubuntu raring binary R 3.0.1 and accelerated blas libraries?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 24 13:07:12 CEST 2013

On 23 June 2013 at 20:34, ivo welch wrote:
| ok, then let me rephrase: would it make sense to make atlas a higher
| priority than default blas, even if it has been like this for over a

That would be a Debian-wide decision affecting _a lot_ of stake holders.  You
could start by asking the maintainer of the atlas package...

| decade?  having atlas as a depend that is overridden is pretty close
| to not having a depend on atlas, at all.

The 'default | better' formulation is standard among such 'virtual'
packages. It among other things allows you to remove the default package.

Just make it a habit to install Atlas (or OpenBLAS) along with R.

Dirk