[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 12.04 and R 2.15

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jun 23 21:11:04 CEST 2013

On 23 June 2013 at 11:54, Martin Gilchrist wrote:
| I'm not sure this is the location to pose this question.  If not, please let me know.

Sure is

| Does anyone know if R 2.15 is can be built for Ubuntu 12.04? ( I did attempt a build and it failed to configure due to missing X11 headers/libs. )
|
| I'm trying to install some R packages that are not available for R 2.14, which is the last supported version available under Ubuntu 12.04.   I can update Ubuntu to 12.10 where R 2.15 is available, but Ubuntu 12.04 has been designated to have long term support and I'd like to keep it rather than upgrade to a shorter lifespan version.

Prebuild binaries exist for your convenience. Read the README at

   http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

carefully.  By default, you will get the newest R version, ie 3.0.1, for your
chosen distribution -- which can be Ubuntu 12.04 -- but you can also pick an
older release by hand if you prefer.

Hth, Dirk