[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu cran2deb PPA

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Tue Feb 12 05:09:25 CET 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Mathieu Basille wrote:
> To be complete, I found a third package that was unavailable to
> installation through aptitude, although it was listed in the Debian
> R Package Archive: extrafont [1], although the dependencies
> extrafontdb and Rttf2pt1 were available and installed without any
> problem. See my system info in the previous message.

Right. If the binary package doesn't exist, this usually means that
there was a failure of the package build for some reason. I have to
then go back through, see why the binary build failed, and fix the
database so that the source package gets the proper changes for the
next go-round. [Unfortunately, I still haven't fixed cran2deb to pull
the source package from the archive if it exists instead of trying to
rebuild it, but eventually I'll get to that point. In the meantime,
you can just let me know the package name, and I'll look into it
specifically instead of getting to it as I have extra time.]

Don Armstrong

--
If I had a letter, sealed it in a locked vault and hid the vault
somewhere in New York. Then told you to read the letter, thats not