[R-sig-Debian] r-base-core on Ubuntu 13.04 x86_64

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 29 13:55:37 CEST 2013

On 29 April 2013 at 11:42, Rune Juhl wrote:
| r-base-core 3.0.0-2raring2 (among other packages) is only available
| for i386 at the moment. Will the repo be updated in the "nearest"
| future? Is there a problem compiling v3 on x86_64?

Yes. All architectures supported by these builder should provide binaries
if and when they had a chance to catch up.

In the meantime just point to the quantal variant. I have R 3.0.0 from
those on 32 and 64 bit Ubuntu.

There was an issue with tcl/tk under raring which needed a different
Build-Depends which is why these are a little behind.

But it all should catch up.  Michael is doing a very nice job with these
rebuilds based on my Debian packages, and I am a heavy user of this myself.