[R-sig-Debian] How to upgrade from 2.15.1 to 2.15.1 patched?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Sep 24 20:10:20 CEST 2012

On 24 September 2012 at 19:39, Marius Hofert wrote:
| The patch is indeed not too serious in my case, so I might stick with the 2.15.1 version
| then, given that I'm not experienced with creating deb's (but I'll give it a try
| just to see how far I can get).

I'd recommend starting with much smaller + simpler packages.

But this is inded a very useful trick I have often deployed myself, so it is
worth learning it.

| Concerning patched versions of R in general, as far as I know, R Core is going
| towards a new system. Instead of having two new releases per year, they plan to

It is public knowledge and was clearly announced.  No more fall release, and
after 2.15.0 this spring we will have wait til next spring for 2.16.0.

In between, minor releases are being made as before on a "as needed" basis.
That was always good enough and the main reason we never went for interim
patch releases.